Late last year as we were finishing up with our Angel Tree gifting, one the ladies that was helping us engaged me in small talk.
She said that she can not come talk to us until she has finishes with her morning prayer.
I really did not want to ask her what time she wakes up, our long she prays for me, and the routine she goes through.
I just nodded along.
My hesitation was not without merit. I had gossiped about her earlier.
I had spoken to another team member that I hope she is taken good precautions due to the fact we travel a lot in groups of one, to people homes and just meet with them in bares.
My colleague told me that she is good and that these are her people.
I just smiled again.
Thinking to self, that does he think that for the fact I show up in our place of worship as Corporate, I care less.
Or that I am less relate-able.
As I was turning in my sleep this morning, I woke briefly to the thought of a lady that I met one morning during my daily commit.
Just another person trying to go to work.
I asked how she was doing and she shrugged.
We had a good full conversation.
God we have
That is the God we have.
He brings to us, to our thoughts, to our momentarily jerking while sleeping that we should remember each other.
We should prayerfully inquire as to whether the other is better ably navigating the struggles of life.
Praying in Spirit
Spirit of God
I really like the fact that my mind can not engage the Spirit of God.
All I can do is think of her incoherently.
Ask God to please be her Jehovah Jireh; The Lord who provides.
Not Know what to pray for
Romans 8:26-27 ( Link )
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words.
And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.…
Here is what Apostle Paul has to say :-
- Romans 8:26
- The Spirit helps us in our weakness
- We do not know how to pray
- Spirit Intercedes
- Holy Spirit is the one interceding
- Groans too deep for words
- Groans that surpasses our word craftiness
- Romans 8:27
- Searches our Heart
- Usefulness is predicated on a clean heart
- Mind of the Spirit
- Engages what the Spirit is hearing from God
- Jesus said he will not speak of himself, but what he hears from God
- Spirit Intercedes for the Saints
- Spirit is taking over on behalf of the Saints
- Will of God
- Ensuring that the will of God is communicated to God on behalf of the Saints
Teach us what we should say to him
Teach us what we should say to Him; we cannot draw up our case when our faces are in darkness.
- Job 37:19 ( Link )
- Elihu said to Job, teach us what we should say to Him
- Since Job knows so much, let him be the teacher
- We cannot draw up our case when our faces are in darkness
- How does one lawyer up while confronted with the reality that he is in darkness
- Pray in the Spirit
- Ephesians 6:18 ( Link )
- Pray in the Spirit at all times, with every kind of prayer and petition. To this end, stay alert with all perseverance in your prayers for all the saints.
- The Perils of the Pilgrim
- Psalm 10:17 ( Link )
- You have heard, O LORD, the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their hearts. You will incline Your ear, to vindicate the fatherless and oppressed, that the men of the earth may strike terror no more.…
- Ray Stedman
- Ray Stedman – Man of Faith Series – How Prayer Works
Ray Stedman – Man of Faith Series – How Prayer Works
- Prayer begins with a proposal of God
- Prayer never begins with Man, it begins with God
- God is always the one who proposes
- Acting upon a promise of God of what God wants
- Right of friendship
- I will not keep this from Abraham
- Called out of Grace
- Taught out of Grace
- Doing Righteousness
- Walk in righteous
- Language of Accommodation
- God’s Stewardship of Time
- As soon as God had finished talking to Abraham, he returned to his place
- God prayed in Abraham and set the limits of the conversation
- Prayer’s Provision
- Joy of Partnership
- Appropriate the Heart of God
- Mercy and Compassion of God
- Take a bit for ourselves the richness of God
- Focuses the Power of God on an individual person or place
- Affects the timing of God
- Jason Upton
- Jason Upton – Never Alone Martin (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.)