There has been so much said in the last few days.
Sometimes it is not quite topical.
It is really just people hijacking issues and wanting something to say.
Whether it is school shooting or whatever else is trending, it really does not matter.
People are angry, frustrated and just wanting to let off.
Friendships & Ties
Not having friends, associates, and ties to communities sometimes allows and excuses us to paint with bigger brushes than we otherwise would have.
When we are among friends we sometimes take the liberties we otherwise wouldn’t.
Physical spaces affords us that intimacy, but now sometimes now it is Web Communities.
We are probably at that point where speaking against someone that people look up to, will cause a bit of rancor.
In as much possible, just don’t to do it.
The stakes are high and will likely only get higher.
Words do matter
Words do matter.
- Miranda Rights
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you.
- Good Book
- Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. ( Proverbs 17: 9 )
- Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. ( Ephesians 4:29 )
- But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one. ( Matthew 5: 37 )
- But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. ( Matthew 12:36-37 )
- Whoever does not gather with me scatters. ( Matthew 12:33 )
- …Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are members of one another.
“Be angry, yet do not sin.” Do not let the sun set upon your anger,
and do not give the devil a foothold.…
- Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. ( Psalm 4:4 )
- for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. ( James 1:2 )
- Act worldly of your calling ( Ephesians 4:1 )
- Out of the abundance of the heart, the mind speaks ( Luke 6:45 )
- an oath given as confirmation is an end of every dispute ( Hebrew 6:16 )
With difficulties and sometimes headstrongness we come into our public spaces.
And, think that if we say things a certain way, we might make our points.
We sometimes riddle the other side.
The truth of the matter is that we have gaps.
Some are obvious.
We are experiencing a parenting gap.
And, it translates to economic gap, and within a generation or two into education deficits.
Uncorrected we feel and get comfortable with being who we are, where we live, what we do, and the words we use.
Peoples read into words and and take the viewpoint that “If you don’t care about me, reading from how you speak to or about me, why should I care about you“.
It is vitally important to our conduct how we dissect how much care about us.
If read wrong, our conduct is a bit forced or withdrawn.
I think it is important to step in and help these young men as they are role models, whether they are ill prepared or not.
In too many cases they are all we have.
I hope that life affords you the opportunities to take some words back. But, more so to care where you did not as much.
To re-arrange things and if unable to, to pray and hope God sends those more able.
Work to do….
Just the other day, one young man said
I still have a lot of work to do….
Don’t we all.
There is just too much to do that we ought not to waste “put downs“.
Undeserved put-downs are sometimes just what one needs.
Things said sometimes acts as great reminder and reasons to work harder.
Dedicating to Colicchie
Come Back Home
Barricaded, but I see you shoving hard
And, if you fuck her, it will not cover the scars
You never run your mouth, and that’s a great quality
you never talking __ that’s something that you never see
Any issue, you just speak about yourself
do you understand all the people that you have helped