Microsoft continues down the path of partaking in the media business.
In this post particular post, specific Microsoft as a “News Aggregator“.
News and Interests
In Window 10, a “News and Interests” channel is offered.
Is it enabled?
If the “News and Interests” channel is enabled, you will likely see a temperature icon on your taskbar.
Sample Channel Offering
Here are sample channel offerings:-
Sample – 2021-09-23
Sample – 2021-09-28
Turn Channel Off
To turn off the “News and Interests” Channel, please do the following:-
- Access the Taskbar
- By default, it is located at the bottom of your desktop
- Elsewhere, if you have moved it intentionally or unintentionally as I have clumsily done in the past
- Look for an empty spot on the Task Bar
- Right-click on the empty spot
- A menu appears
- Please access the “News and Interests” Option
- Please choose the “Turn Off” option
Win OS – Desktop – Taskbar – Toolbars – News and Interests
A cluttered life as is.
I really do not need more from Microsoft.