Early this year, we had a day set aside entirely for team building.
There are so many things to share when a group locks itself away from his normal working environment into hopefully a nice settling off campus.
What was shared?
Making thinking visible
How do we make our thinking visible? And, how to encourage others, likewise ….
Here is what the facilitator shared:
- Make your own thinking visible
- Share opinions
- Provide reasoning
- State disagreement
- Help others make their thinking visible
- Seek information from others
- Ask others for their reasoning
- Examine Others
- Ask others to state disagreement
- Help move group to agreement
- Summarize agreement and disagreement
- Recommend compromise
- Check/Poll for agreement
- Establish next steps
Again, these are not my words, but someone else.
I am openly sharing it in hope that it helps others.