My manager is out on vacation and so I find myself free loafing once again.
Rather than doing my assigned work, I am busy raiding our Support Desk Ticketing System for problem calls.
The ones that catches my fancy are a couple of Microsoft Outlook Add-In ones.
Quite a few Inactive Add-Ins:
One of them is about one of our 3rd Party Add-Ins not being loaded because of security concerns.
The specific error message is “Not loaded. Certificate of signed and load at startup Com Add-In is not trusted source List.”
Checked everywhere for the root cause.
- Checked the referenced DLLs to see if it is signed
- If so, wanted to add the Certificate Authority to trusted CA list
- Outlook \ Trust Center \ Trusted Publishers
- From Outlook, reviewed my list of Trusted Publishers
But, nothing obvious.
The problem ended up being a bit of hyper sensitive setting for Macros.
To see if it yours:
- Launch Outlook
- Access menu items File \ Options
- In the “Outlook Options” window
- On the left panel, access “Trust Center”
- On the right panel, access “Trust Center Settings”
- In “Trust Center”
- On the left panel, access “Macro Settings”
- In the “Add-Ins” panel, we found that he is gated for “Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins”
- To fix, uncheck that setting
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Same Love Feat. Tegan and Sara