Technical: NetApp – MPIO – Path Details
As part of NetApp diagnostic, you might need to dig deep into which paths are actually being used.
MPIO Path Details
- Launch Computer Management
- In the left panel, Access Storage \ Data OnTap(R) DSM Management \ Disk Management
- In the right panel, select the Disk
- Right Click on the the Disk Nth, and in the ensuring “Drop-down” menu, select the “Properties”
- The “NETAPP LUN Multi-Path Disk Device Properties” window appears
- The paths are listed in the “This device has the following paths”
- Double-clicked on the path you want to dig into …
- The “MPIO Path Details” window appears
The following areas are displayed:
- Number of Reads
- Number of Writes
- Bytes Read
- Bytes Written
Note that in the instructions above, you can not select the “Logical Disk”.
So in the screen above, please select “Disk 4” and right click on that selection.