- Pat Schatzline
- Damon Thompson
- John Piper
Saving Private You
- Preached @ Trinity Church, Cedar Hill, TX
- Published on Sept 26th, 2012
- 911 came flashing
- Quotes – Bible
- Psalm 91:1-4
My Refuge and My FortressHe who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!”…
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
- Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
- Psalm 51:6
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
- Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Malachi 3:16
The Book of Remembrance
‘So now we call the arrogant blessed; not only are the doers of wickedness built up but they also test God and escape.'”
Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name.
“They will be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”…
- 1st Corinthians 4:1-5
This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.
- Joel 2:15-17
Between Sanctuary entrance and altar,
let the priests, God’s servants, weep tears of repentance.
Let them intercede: “Have mercy, God, on your people!
Don’t abandon your heritage to contempt.
Don’t let the pagans take over and rule them
and sneer, ‘And so where is this God of theirs?’”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.
- Hebrew 4
When the Promises Are Mixed with Faith
For as long, then, as that promise of resting in him pulls us on to God’s goal for us, we need to be careful that we’re not disqualified. We received the same promises as those people in the wilderness, but the promises didn’t do them a bit of good because they didn’t receive the promises with faith. If we believe, though, we’ll experience that state of resting. But not if we don’t have faith
- Luke 4:23
The Rejection at Nazareth
Jesus said to them, “Surely you will quote this proverb to me: ‘Physician, heal yourself!’ And you will tell me, ‘Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.'”
- Psalm 68:9
You shed abroad a plentiful rain, O God; You confirmed Your inheritance when it was parched.
Your creatures settled in it; You provided in Your goodness for the poor, O God.…
- Psalm 91:1-4
- It is easy to be public and not protect your private Life
- Quotes – Donald Rumsfeld – Adrift in Life
- Rumsfeld learned this lesson while in naval flight training. “If you are lost,” Rumsfeld writes, “climb, conserve and confess.” This is the lesson as Rumsfeld describes it.“Climb meant that the pilot should gain altitude so that he could see a greater distance, get his bearings, and if necessary, glide without power to a safe landing.” Conserve meant reducing airspeed and leaning out the fuel and have more time to figure out where he is. And confess meant getting on the radio promptly and announcing to all who might be listening , ‘I’m lost and I need help.’” ( Link )
- Quotes – Smith Wigglesworth
- If you do not have a secret place, your Life will be full of secrets
- Quotes – Malcolm Forbes
- When you cease to dream, you cease to live
- Looking In
- In Revelation 3, Laodicea Church, Jesus is standing outside the door, knocking, Looking In
- How did Jesus get outside the door?
- May be we love our gifts more than we love him
- Knowing Him
- Knowing him is my ability to eat and to go after him
- What good is it to feed everybody else, if I am thirsting myself
- Whoever carries the Flag in battle, get shot first
- My destiny is determined by my desire to know him
- How many my brothers have been killed in Battle. They should have been great
- Malachi said that he is still writing the scroll of their lives ( Malachi 3:15-17 )
- Pray for your elders
- The priest lay in the doorpost making intercession ( Joel 2:17 )
- Jesus get me a boat, the people are pushing on me
- Come to me, and say you need counseling, I will say pray
- God does not hide, the frailty of his people
- If you can not separate into his Presence, the hard time will separate you from him
- At a conference approached by someone
- The person drew three circles
- One circle for Mental, the other for Spiritual, and the next for Physical
- Been told, you are doing good Spiritually, but not so mentally nor physically
- If you were a car, the car will be on the side of the highway broken down
- Ticked off, if I fly into Atlanta, Chick-Fil-a will not be opened
- As it is Sunday
- And, Chick-Fil-a’s founder thinks people should rest on Sunday
- Hebrew 4
- Physician heal thyself
- Looking In