It has been a tough couple of days for me.
On Tuesday I realized the parting of Brother Nabeel Qureshi and I have been down ever since.
Took a mental, psychological Day Off from work yesterday.
Was able to ride the Coastline and I am just so thankful.
As Ravi Zacharias said on one of his lectures, irrespective of the gifts and words of an Apologist what often wins out is Love.
A Tribute to Nabeel Qureshi
Nabeels Life summarized by his true childhood friend. I Don’t promote the teachings of Nabeel whatsoever, however, this is childhood friend, and I feel sad, so I shared my heart.
Hear, O Israel : the Lord, our God is one Lord
Reunite me with my children and my family once again
For a guy in a strange place ( earth ) tends to get lonely
And, I have a lot of distress and anxiety over my little children
It feels almost like when I remember them, I melt and dissolve away
However, I have thrown away the reins and leashes controlling my affair
To the One who handle the affairs of our lives in strange and mysterious ways
He is one Compassionately forgiven, Always around me, and my source of Shelter and Refuge
With his will and support, to Him do I humbly supplicate, bessege, and turn in repentance
My God, you know how my situation is
So my master, is there relieve Close By
Oh Rewarder of the Day of Judgement, Relieve!
( Relieve) My Concerns that keep creeping into my heart.
And, tie my rope to the rope of your pleasure, and look to me, and turn to me, so that I can turn back to you
And, overlook ( shepard) my protection take control of my support
And, strengthen my vulnerabilities when I am exposed to problems
And, inspire me to praise you throughout my life
For indeed, with your remembrance, this worldly life becomes pleasant
And, say to the servant of the most merciful and whoever comes after him
For them, is a share from the valleys of our kindness
Therefore my thoughts regarding you are beautiful
My support and lifeline ( God )
And, the pastures of my sweet tasting hopes and wishes are fertile
And, send blessings upon the prophet and his people for as love as the Nightingale sings on the Arak Tree
Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad
Basis for True Spirituality
- Natural Balava
- In regards to me two groups of people should be destroyed. He who loves me too much that love takes him from what is correct; and he who hates me too much that hate takes him from what is correct.
- In regards to me, it is he who follows the middle course.
And, so be with him, and be with the great majority of muslims, because Allah’s hand of protection is with the maintenance of unity, you should beware of division
- The one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan, just as the one isolated from the flock is a prey to the wolves
- When they found Allah they found him to of great mercy
- Allah is forgiven. All of them were following a “nair?” which we suppose to be good.
You can not base a spiritual life on suspiciousness, cursing and allocating blame.
- If you want uprightness in the world, make sure you do it in yourself.
- You can not go your own
- Benefit Inclusiveness
- Holy, yet Merciful
- The LORD said to Moses: “Tell your brother Aaron that he shall not enter at any time into the holy place inside the veil, before the mercy seat which is on the ark, or he will die; for I will appear in the cloud over the mercy seat. ( Leviticus 16:2 )
- God Entreaty
- Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel.
The LORD spoke to Gad, David’s seer…
Now, therefore, consider what answer I shall return to Him who sent me.”
David said to Gad, “I am in great distress; please let me fall into the hand of the LORD ( 1st Chronicles 21 )
- God Knows
- But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The LORD knows those who are his” ( 2nd Timothy 2:19 )
- but the Lord weighs the spirit ( Proverbs 16:2 )
- For the word of God is living and active … and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. ( Hebrews 4:12 )
- He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. ( Proverbs 16:32 )
- David Mourns for Abner
…So all the people and all Israel understood that day that it had not been the will of the king to put Abner the son of Ner to death.
Then the king said to his servants, “Do you not know that a prince and a great man has fallen this day in Israel? ” I am weak today, though anointed king; and these men the sons of Zeruiah are too difficult for me. May the LORD repay the evildoer according to his evil.”… ( 2nd Samuel 3:37-38 )
- Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. ( Ecclesiastes 10:10 )
- Laying Down Our Departed
- The Death and Burial of Sarah
…And Abraham bowed before the people of the land.
He spoke to Ephron in the hearing of the people of the land, saying, “If you will only please listen to me; I will give the price of the field, accept it from me that I may bury my dead there. ( Genesis 23:13 )
- Cost Nothing
David Builds an Altar
…”Everything, O king, Araunah gives to the king.” And Araunah said to the king, “May the LORD your God accept you.”
However, the king said to Araunah, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price, for I will not offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God which cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
David built there an altar to the LORD and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. Thus the LORD was moved by prayer for the land, and the plague was held back from Israel.
( 2 Samuel 24:23-25 )
- “But cursed be the swindler who has a male in his flock and vows it, but sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord, for I am a great King,” says the LORD of hosts ( Malachi 1:14 )
In personal expressions
Brother Nabeel, you encouraged and emboldened so many.
Great Lord of Hosts, you have given us and always give us your best. Ever so often you do ask for our best, as a qualifier of a great pledge on your part.
Though young, yet weaned, as Hannah did centuries before “we turn Nabeel over to you Lord”.
We are accepting that “No one knows the things of God, except God’s Spirit.”