You are who you are…
- Draymond Green:- Jordan Poole
- Draymond Green:- “I got to land my foot somewhere”
- Draymond Green:- “I got to land my foot somewhere” – Community Voices
Stephen A. Smith
Draymond Green believes Jordan Poole’s punch helped doom the Warriors’ season
“We’re not playing right now, because when you speak about the fouling, when you speak about all of the slippages we had as a team on the road, not being able to come together,” Green said. “None of those things happen if that doesn’t happen, because the voice that I am and the departments that I lead this team in, there was a ton of slippage due to me sitting back, me not saying anything, me trying to allow that situation to play itself out and give it time to heal.”
“I would say probably about February I started to feel like myself again and speak more.”
“But guess what, there were five months of the season where slippage has just been occurring. And by February, if that slippage has been going on that long, you are who you are. At that point, you’ve built those habits, that is who you are now.
“So to try and correct them then … it’s like OK you might get a little better, we did, we ended up in the second round of the playoffs. But not at a championship level.”
Sportscasters Panel Discussions
JWill wonders if Draymond Green is the RIGHT PERSON to invest in long term 🤯 | Get Up
Video:- JWill wonders if Draymond Green is the RIGHT PERSON to invest in long term 🤯 | Get Up
On Get Up, Jay Williams, Monica McNutt and Alan Hahn join the show to discuss all the action from the NBA Playoffs.
0:00 Draymond Green getting ejected in Warriors vs. Kings Game 2
1:45 Reaction to Draymond’s ejection
5:00 Can the Warriors overcome the 0-2 deficit?
6:40 How much trouble are the Warriors in?
8:00 Game 2 recap of Nets vs. 76ers
9:28 JWill joins the show to recap Draymond stepping on Domontas Sabonis
11:12 Alan Hahn has some strong words for Draymond
14:00 What are the Warriors doing poorly?
Clip Begins at 10:00
Draymond Green’s Take
- Slippages On The Road
- Not being able to come together
- Voice That I am
- Departments that I lead this time
- Slippage from me sitting back
- Slippage from me not saying anything
- Allow the situation to play itself out
- Give it time to heal
- Habits have formed
- You are who you are now
- So to try and correct them
- It is OK and you might get a little better, and we did
- An altercation with Jordan Poole
- Feel myself more
- Speak more
- Time In Between
- 5 months later
My Quick Take
- Steve Kerr
- I don’t see how Draymond Green can be around Steve Kerr for so many years and still be who he is
- Draymond Green saw/sees his weakness transform into his/the team’s weakness
Often said, you are who you are.