6 While they were there, the time came for her Child to be born.
7 And she gave birth to her firstborn, a Son. She wrapped Him in swaddling cloths and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were shepherds residing in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks by night.
9 Just then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid! For behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people:
11 Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord!
12 And this will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 And suddenly there appeared with the angel a great multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying:
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men
on whom His favor rests!”
15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”
16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph and the Baby, who was lying in the manger.
17 After they had seen the Child, they spread the message they had received about Him.
18 And all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, which was just as the angel had told them.
21 When the eight days until His circumcision had passed, He was named Jesus, the name the angel had given Him before He had been conceived.
- The Word & Mary
- Mary Gets A Word
- Mary Took Heed and Care of the Word
- Mary wrapped the baby in swaddling clothes and laid the baby in a manger
- The Angel praised God
- The Angel proclaimed peace to men
- The Angel proclaims God’s favor on men
- Mary took care of the word and the baby
- The Shepherds witnessed and observed the veracity of the Angels words
- The Shepherds spread the good news
- Mary & The Word
- Mary treasured up the word and its satisfying fulfillment
- Mary pondered the words in her heart
- Jesus name was given by the Angels