The Devil Got a Hold of Him
Denzel Washington, who helped to console Will Smith has spoken a bit more.
While attending author and Bishop T.D. Jakes’ leadership summit on Saturday, the Training Day star spoke for the first time about Smith’s behavior, Variety reported on Saturday.
“Well, there’s a saying, ‘When the devil ignores you, then you know you’re doing something wrong.’ The devil goes, ‘Oh no, leave him alone, he’s my favorite.’ Conversely, when the devil comes at you, maybe it’s because he’s trying to do something right,” Washington said. “And for whatever reason, the devil got ahold of him that night.”
The actor, who recently directed the film A Journal For Jordan, added, “Fortunately there were people there. Not just me, but others, Tyler Perry, came immediately right over there with me. [Said] some prayers. I don’t wanna say what we talked about, but there but for the grace of God go any of us. Who are we to condemn? I don’t know all the ins and outs of the situation, but I know the only solution was prayer, the way I see it.”
Rock was adamant that Smith not be punished by the police.
Later, the Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement that the victim had declined to file a police report.
Put God First – Denzel Washington’s Motivational & Inspiring Commencement Speech
- Finally, I pray that you place your slippers right under the mattress
- So that when you wake up in the morning you have to get on your knees to reach them
- While you are down there, you stay thank you
- Thank You
- Thank you for Grace
- Thank you for Mercy
- Thank you for Understanding
- Thank you for wisdom
- Thank you for parents
- Thank you for humility
- Thank you for prosperity
- True desire in your Heart is God’s calling that it is already yours
- Anything you want good, you can have
- Claim it
- Reach back and pull someone else up
- Don’t inspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference