Facebook is heaven for social engineering shenanigans.
On 2021-December-5th 8 PM, I received an email from a good man:-
It´s you in this video😱 😥!!! https://h5l.eu/a90c638c9e
On 2021-December-5th 11 PM, I asked if it is OK to follow the link.
Bro was the video link ( https://h5l.eu/a90c638c9e ) sent to me in error. I will like to know prior to following it.
On 2021-December-6th 7AM, he responded to my ask:-
My account got hacked. Don’t click the link.
- Social Network
- Facebook and other social networks continue to be a heaven for silliness in the world
- Until the laws of individual countries are hardened and inter-government responses and co-ordination is strengthened, bad actors will continue to rely on the opacity of the internet
- Create individual identities; especially when you are not sure of the party on the other end
- Have individual passwords for each account
- Be ready to change passwords once you realize it is compromised
- Do not be so quick to share personal identity data ( PIA)
- Please use secured computers and less so your cellphone
- Learn to use two-factor authentication
- Interpersonal relationship
- Please strengthen your interpersonal relationships
- Do you have your friend’s phone numbers?
- Can you call or text them to confirm asks and correspondences
- Same with email
- Can you detect whether it is them replying to you or an imposter
- Confidentiality and Trust
- Are there information only they have or can provide
- Law Enforcement
- Inform Law Enforcement of stolen and misused identity and accounts