Let us use scripture to understand the prophetic in general.
- Orderly Worship
- Gift and Examination
- Words That Remain
- Man Honoring
1 Corinthians 14:29 ( Orderly Worship )
- Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
- I like the fact that it clearly says others should be given a chance to carefully weigh in
1 Corinthians 14:30 ( Orderly Worship )
- And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should stop.…
- Prophecy can be granted unto a body of believers
- And, when others fall under the anointing they should be granted an opportunity to speak as well
- The current speaker should wrap up and let others share the words given them by the spirit
1 Corinthians 14:31 ( Orderly Worship )
- For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.…
- Paul encourages corporate worship
- As the gift of prophecy grows within a body, the body is continually instructed, encouraged, and admonished
Job 32:11-12 ( Elihu Rebukes Job’s Three Friends )
- Indeed, I waited while you spoke; I listened to your reasoning; as you searched for words,
- I paid you full attention.
- So many times we have to wait on God
- We have to listen to each other
- Carefully consider what the speaker is saying
- Remain sympathetic to their cause and bear them time as they search out the right words
- …The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks it out.
- Starts with our hearts
- We discipline our faculties so that we can discern truth
- Acquire Knowledge
- Listen Well
- Reveal, Discern, and Utilize
- Be willing to place a premium on not just getting information
- But, what does the information mean
- How can you validate what you are receiving
- What are the probable outcomes
- What follow up steps should one take
- Pray that God’s Spirit reveal falsehoods
Gift and Examination
Proverbs 18:16-17 – The Selfishness of the Unfriendly
- …A man’s gift opens doors for him and brings him before great men.
- The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.
- God grants us gifts so that doors can be open to us
- Remaining attentive to others in conducts and words
- Please take time to be burden-bearers
- Hoping and praying that the door remains open
- And, that it does not close on account of us
Words That Remain
- I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you.
- I speak of what I have seen in the presence of the Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”…
- Clearly, this is hard teaching.
- Jesus is very clear
- You are a Jew by birth
- The assassination of personhood or characters
- Yet, you are trying to kill me
- I have granted and given you words
- Yet, those words did not stay as you failed to allow the words to penetrate and impregnate you
- Presence in God
- Jesus words are presence-based
- He spends time with father God
- Presence in Foreign Land
- Jesus furthers that there is another fatherhood
John 5:44 ( Witness of Scripture )
- How can you believe if you accept glory from one another, yet do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
- Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father.
- Your accuser is Moses, in whom you have put your hope.…
- Jesus was very clear
- He said the religious leaders were fraternizing with each other
- They had abandoned listening and receiving God’s words
- Jesus did not have to accuse them
- The accusation was nearer and more accessible
- Their accuser was Moses through the Torah, the written word
Current Day Prophets
- It is so sad that prophets do not seek honor from Father, God
- Their prophecy is not through careful and diligent reading of the bible
- It is not Sola Scriptura
- Most of the prophecies are based on their personal reading of current affairs
- Unfortunately, walking away from God decenters us
Always in gratitude to my spouse.
And, my family who work so very much and hard to keep me sane.
Above all else the trinity:-
- Remain In Me
- John 15:6-8 ( Jesus the True Vine ) [ Link ]
- …If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers.
- Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned.
- If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples.…
- John 15:6-8 ( Jesus the True Vine ) [ Link ]
Holy Pruner, please have us remain in you, Lord.
You know our wish and we grant you permission to cover, protect, and prune us.
The father’s will is to love us.
As his loves grow in us, it gaslit’s us to seek others that will benefit from God’s love, his son’s burden & sacrifice, and the communion of the Holy Spirit.
We bear fruits in covering and catering to each other; not out of compulsion nor selfish ambition.
But, as we are fed by you, and are aware of your heart for the lost and handicapped.
In abiding holiness, love, and truth.
Father, please circumcise our hearts and will.
It does not start with prophecy Lord.
It begins with your love, yearning, calling, and provisioning.
Please use Romans 10:14-15 as one of your litmus tests:-
How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed?
And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone to preach?
And how can they preach unless they are sent?
( Romans 10:14-15 ) ( Link )
Please understand servanthood and burden.