- What people say and feel about you when you’ve left a room is precisely your job while you are in it.
- Thoughts will lead you in circles. Silence will bring you back to your centre.
- Take a walk outside – it will serve you far more than pacing around in your mind.
- Role models are only of limited use. For no-one is as important, potentially powerful, and as key in your life and world as you.
- There are essentially two questions in life – a spiritual question and a material question. The spiritual question is ‘Who am I?’ The material question is ‘What am I to do with my life?’ One leads to the other.
- The land of possibility is a better place to make your home than the realm of expectation will ever be
- In leadership, life, and all things it’s far wiser to judge people by their deeds than their speech – their track record rather than their talk
- You can not hope to arrive at harmony in your life while stirring up disturbances in others…
- It’s not the depth of your intellect that will comfort you or transform your world. Only the richness of your heart and your generosity of spirit can do that
- Peace of mind arrives the moment you come to peace with the contents of your mind.
- Be genuinely interested in everyone you meet and everyone you meet will be genuinely interested in you
- Love is the only answer to every question. It is the only thing that will serve you in every situation. It is the route and the destination. It is medication, liberation and should be at the heart of and expression of your vocation.
- Q: When is the perfect time? A: Who can say, but probably somewhere between haste and delay – and it’s usually most wise to start today.
- People will ask you the question ‘how is life treating you?’ But my question is ‘how are you treating life?’ On that your happiness rests
- Those who say life is knocking them down and giving them a tough time are usually the first to beat themselves up. Be on your own side.
- We’re merely one tree with various types, shapes and sizes of leaves that all wave differently in the breeze
- Expectation has brought me disappointment. Disappointment has brought me wisdom. Acceptance, gratitude and appreciation have brought me joy and fulfilment.
- Any fool can break something, criticise someone and tear things apart. It takes a far more skilled, wise and kind soul to build something, nurture someone, fix things and help others thrive over time.
- Sometimes in life there’s no problem and sometimes in there is no solution. In this space – between these apparent poles – life flows.
- In our evolution language has been the greatest single contribution to our understanding and misunderstanding
- Legacy is not what’s left tomorrow when you’re gone. It’s what you give, create, impact and contribute today while you’re here that then happens to live on.
- Some strive to make themselves great. Others help others see and find their own greatness. It’s the latter who really enrich the world we live in
- “Tomorrow’s leaders will not lead dictating from the front, nor pushing from the back. They will lead from the centre – from the heart”
― Rasheed Ogunlaru, Soul Trader: Putting the Heart Back into Your Business
- If you’re jealous of someone else it simply means you have not come to a true acceptance and appreciation of yourself.
- As the sun knows; even the sky is not the limit…
- It’s not the world that needs to change – it’s our consciousness we must raise
- It is not blindly pushing your own agenda that will enrich the world. It’s is your ability and willingness to understand, appreciate, anticipate, address, serve and support the lives of others that will.
- I am not sure that you can be taught how to love. In many ways it is innate – just watch and see what small child effortlessly does. But you can be invited to it and reminded of it.
- When you feel that others are lacking and failing ….
first assess the skill, style, quality, results, mindset,
support, professionalism, and spirit with which
you yourself play the game.
- If you must walk in someone’s shadow make sure it’s your own
- Intelligence is just one dimension of ability. Don’t limit yourself to it. Open up to instinct, intuition, creativity, and thus possibility
- I’ve no interest in being thought-provoking. Who needs more thoughts. I’d rather go down as one who is thought disposing.
- Don’t waste your whole life waiting for the perfect life when there’s a perfectly good one within and right in front of you
- When you fall short of your goals and dreams ask yourself is it your mindset, perspective, expectations,
effort, approach, acceptance, company or a blend of these that needs to change.
- You are not who you think you are. You are not who they want you to be. You are not merely your colour, class, gender – and so on – these are quite narrow things. You are not the ideas you are given and gather. You are not what you own or lay claim to. You are not even your life story – for that changes through time, perspective, emphasis, and many things. You are what resides before, between, and beyond all these things.
- All hate is hurt, all compassion is understanding
- If you are going to judge others it is wisest to do so individually not collectively and on your own direct experience of them personally. But first – and throughout – examine yourself closely. Blurred vision can often occur due to the lens, perspective, and perceptions of the viewer projected onto the object that it sees. Be wary of taking to the judge’s seat. Above all meet and treat yourself and everyone else mindfully, compassionately with humanity
- A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism, or opinion. They sing, dance, and flow on the wind – for they are at one with it. They are nothing and everything – void and expanse. Even space and time do not confine or define them. For they are pure energy itself
- If you are not yourself people will look right through you and see the pale shadow of someone else
- The tragedy about history – personally and globally – is that while we may learn it we rarely learn from it
- The best way to get something good out of what you’re doing is to put something good into it.
- Always let your talent and tenacity do the talking. Never your tantrums or sense of self-righteousness or entitlement. For it is your talent and tenacity that will carve out, shape, and seal your possibilities and destiny.
- We love music deeply, but why? Put simply: music makes lives, shapes lives, expresses all shades and
stages of life – and even save lives.
- If you feel that you are going without go within
- The reason that so many fail to find happiness is that they fail to find gratitude
- It’s always the mind that needs quietening and the heart that needs listening to
- Customer conversion is dependent on the right customer conversation”
― Rasheed Ogunlaru, Soul Trader: Putting the Heart Back into Your Business
- In broad terms; success is something you spend your lifetime looking for and happiness is something you spend your whole life overlooking
- Some think that they are incredible but are actually un-credible. Do your work, master your craft.
- Sharpen and trust your judgement: learn when spending is a shrewd investment and when it is merely an indulgence
- You’ve got to know what your magic is. How else will you fully share your gifts with others and enrich the world for these precious years that you live?
- Success is secondary to impact. Success is a list of what you win, gain and attain – it may pass it may remain. Impact is the test; the hearts, minds and lives you touch, enhance and forever change…
- You only ever have three things: 1) your self, wellbeing and mindset 2) Your life network, resources and resourcefulness 3) Your reputation and goodwill. Treasure and tend the first. Value, support and build the second. And mindfully, wisely ensure that the third (your life current and savings account) is always in credit
- Choose your counsel, company and companions wisely: beware seeking wise words of advice from a fool or expecting informed opinions or decisions from the ignorant.
- See money – currency – as the flow of energy and giving that cycles between you, others and me. Now let it flow kindly, fairly and mindfully.
- By simple mathematics giving is key to the world you seek to live in. If I take I alone gain. If I give or share then two at least are enriched.
- There’s a difference between disclosing that which is only your business and hiding away from the world and not seeing, shining and sharing your magic
- One of the fascinating things about our lives – and minds – is that tend to spend years wishing and wanting others and the world around to see in us that which we ourselves do not appreciate fully.
- There’s little growth and progression without learning and reflection
- Champions realise that defeat – and learning from it even more than from winning – is part of the path to mastery.
- Nothing has value without self worth
- It may take many voices for people to hear the same message.
- Ten Keys To Success: Number 0; there is no easy or guaranteed recipe. Number 11: some else’s path to it will not be yours
- Funny how money speaks even more loudly than morals in this beautiful, superficial material world.
- Those with inner peace do not battle themselves. Nor do they wage war with others
- See life for what it is – a blessing to be lived – rather than what is so often reduced to; a problem to be fixed.
- Don’t hold on to dear life – hold life dearly.
- The secret of winning any prize is knowing that your own treasure and potential is equal to it… and worthy of it.
- Don’t get too lost in consumerism or materialism. As for ownership, the ultimate test of it is were you born with it and can you take it with you when you leave?
- While there may be many things in life you wish to harvest not every seed you plant will grow.
- When setbacks arise – and they will from time to time – regroup, recharge, refocus and refine.
- Intelligence is overrated. Wisdom is under applied.
- Your consistency says a lot about your commitment.
- Where there’s hurting what’s the learning?
- There are 7 essential elements for achieving change and personal and professional progress
- 1) Seeing the importance of change
- 2) The willingness to walk the path
- 3) Appreciating the context, terrain, external-factors and life’s unknowns/uncertainties
- 4) Gathering quality help, knowledge, and support
- 5) Genuinely putting in the work
- 6) Being creative, calm, patient, cooperative, and tenacious
- 7) The readiness and ability to listen, learn, accept, adjust and adapt.
- If you have a big ego put it to wide and wise use so that it benefits and enriches everyone not just you
- All selling should spring from service
- You may change your mind 1,000 times a day …yet your heart remains the same; live life from this space
- Before you act or speak, ask yourself: “Am I bringing peace, progress or perspective to the situation / conversation?” and ideally you should be bringing all three.
- To me success and fulfilment lead in two different directions: one outwardly to the hope of glory, the other inwardly to the guarantee of peace.
- Knowledge comes to me when I think, read and learn. Wisdom comes to me when I am still and silent.
- Business should never be merely transactional -it should be transformational
- Life tends to teach us that we’ve never learned
- There’s little value in advancing technology if our consciousness, compassion, conversation and cooperation is regressing.
- Almost every so called setback is an opportunity for growth, learning, self love, wisdom and humility
- Sometimes a step back or away from an idea, task or project brings even more perspective, insight and clarity.
- Technology and innovation may aid, speed, support and even prolong the human race – but only love and compassion can save it.
- Never be swift to label a situation as a problem – and be careful in ever labelling a person as one.
In dedication to my wife; and all the special people in each of our lives.