I just heard a prophet speak about current affairs.
He spoke about receiving a vision.
Before listening to his prophecy, the spirit of God leaped out to me.
And, it said:-
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
( 1 Corinthians 14:32 ) [ Link ]
What does “The spirits of the prophets are subject to prophets” mean:-
- Just because someone is prophetic does not mean one should lay aside caution
- Prophecies reveal
- Prophecies reveal what is being prophecized
- Prophecies reveal what we are taken in
- Prophecies reveal the state of our heart
- Prophecies reveal our natural inclination
- 2nd Thessalonians 2:2 ( Link )
- Do not to be easily disconcerted or alarmed by any spirit or message or letter seeming to be from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has already come.
Beloved, upon receiving a word of prophecy, please weigh it carefully.
Please do not get me wrong.
I am in no way saying these men and women should not get to air their word from God.
Yet, I wholeheartedly agree with Paul:-
1st Corinthians 11:19 [ Link ]
And indeed, there must be differences among you to show which of you are approved.