With Covid-19, hotly contested elections, unemployment, and a hard economy there is plenty of reason for tensions to run high.
- Revelation 2:4 – To the Church in Ephesus [ Link ]
- …Without growing weary, you have persevered and endured many things for the sake of My name. But I have this against you: You have abandoned your first love. Therefore, keep in mind how far you have fallen. Repent and perform the deeds you did at first. But if you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.…
- Revelation 3:2 – To the Church in Sardis [ Link ]
- I know your deeds; you have a reputation for being alive, yet you are dead. Wake up and strengthen what remains, which was about to die; for I have found your deeds incomplete in the sight of My God. Remember, then, what you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know the hour when I will come upon you.…
- 2 Chronicles 25:2 – Amaziah Reigns in Judah [ Link ]
- Berean Study Bible
- And he did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not wholeheartedly.
- NET Bible
- He did what the LORD approved, but not with wholehearted devotion.
- Berean Study Bible
- Proverbs 22:10 – A Good Name [ Link ]
- …A generous man will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. Drive out the mocker, and conflict will depart; even quarreling and insults will cease. He who loves a pure heart and gracious lips will have the king for a friend.…
- Proverbs 26:20 – Similitudes and Instructions [ Link ]
- …so is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I was only joking!” Without wood, a fire goes out; without gossip, a conflict ceases. Like charcoal for embers and wood for fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.…
- Acts 2:42 – The Fellowship of Believers [ Link ]
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- 1 Corinthians 3:13 ( Book of Corinthians ) – Christ Our Foundation [ Link ]
- …If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward.…
- Hebrews 10:25 – A Call to Persevere [ Link ]
- …And let us consider how to spur one another on to love and good deeds. Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
- Isaiah 8:12 ( Book of Isaiah ) – A Call to Fear God [ Link ]
- For this is what the LORD has spoken to me with a strong hand, instructing me not to walk in the way of this people: “Do not call conspiracy everything these people regard as conspiracy. Do not fear what they fear; do not live in dread. The LORD of Hosts is the One you shall regard as holy.
- Reach out across the aisle
- Do not forsake the gathering together
- Remain Sober minded
- Stay steady clear of conspiracy theorists
Beloved, each of our work will be tested and revealed through God’s baptismal of fire.
With loving-kindness, please make sure that you cover and protect the middle and vulnerable.