There are areas of my life that our Lord continues to urge, lead, and guide me in.
Each of us has spiritual gifts one of mine is Prophetic.
Paragraph – 01
- The Greek word for the gift of prophecy is propheteia which is the ability to receive a divinely inspired message and deliver it to others in the church.
- These messages can take the form of exhortation, correction, disclosure of secret sins, prediction of future events, comfort, inspiration, or other revelations given to equip and edify the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 14:3-4, 24-25).
- Again, they do not constitute the authoritative Word of God, but are the human interpretation of the revelation that was received.
- They are spoken in human words through a human mind which is why they must be tested against the Scriptures (1 Thessalonians 5:20-21).
Paragraph – 02
- The Holy Spirit gives the gift of prophecy to some believers to make God’s heart known and to edify the church.
- This gift is for the benefit of both believers and unbelievers and is a sign that God is truly among His church (1 Corinthians 14:22-25).
- Those with this gift are sensitive to both the prompting of the Holy Spirit and the needs of the church body.
- They should be humble and continually study the Scriptures in order to test these revelations before speaking them.
- When they do speak, they should allow and even expect others to weigh what is said against the Scriptures and interpret the message accordingly.
- In this way, the church may be continually built up together in unity (1 Corinthians 14:4, 26).
- See also Romans 12:6, 1 Corinthians 12:10, 14:1-5, Ephesians 4:11-12, 1 Peter 4:10-11.
- The Presence of God ( Psalm 16:7 ) [ Link ]
- …The lines of my boundary have fallen in pleasant places; surely my inheritance is delightful. I will bless the LORD who counsels me; even at night my conscience instructs me.
Family, let us continue to invest, replenish, guide and correct each other.
Here is one definition for Exhortation:-
Strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.
We all know and have someone we know should do something.
Maybe they have a gift, but they are a bit laggard in the operationalizing of that gift.
Call them and encourage them to push and move forward.
Correct those you are close to.
Those you have not may headway in the past, go through others.
Disclosure of Secret Sins
Disclosure of secret sins is multifaceted, to me, it takes the following looks:-
- Someone flat-out lying
- Someone using scripture for his\her own purpose
- People peddling half-truths
- People squeezing you into their preferred positions
- People Plagiarizing other efforts and words
Again, when it is someone you are close to, lead and edge them towards confessing or at least making adjustments.
If they reject you and your words, look for help.
If again, they reject the secondary help, release them to God.
Prediction of Future Events
This one is easy.
It is likely the most popular attribute we assign those with prophetic callings.
Please look in your life and see how many people you are reaching out to and offering comfort.
Reflect on how many people come to you for an encouraging word.
See how many times you chose not to look more into certain things just so you will not be drawn into rumors and innuendoes.
And, in so doing, people hold value in your sight.
Look at yourself, your life, and smoke out things that are undesirable.
- The Law of Love ( Romans 14:21 ) [ Link ]
- …Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to let his eating be a stumbling block. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything to cause your brother to stumble. Keep your belief about such matters between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.…
- Food Sacrificed to Idols ( 1 Corinthians 8:13 ) [ Link ]
- …By sinning against your brothers in this way and wounding their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to stumble.
As you get things out of your life, the good will take shape.
In aggregate work on you and you will be prophetic.
You will be able to equip and edify not just the body of believers, but all of God’s children; irrespective of how they choose to worship, relate, and manifest him.