Received a time-sensitive snail mail and wanted to scan it and have an electronics copy.
I am on a Windows 10 desktop and need image scanning software for that OS.
Googled for one and the first choice was Orpalis’s PaperScan.
- Edition Comparison Matrix
- Feature Free
- Download Artifacts
From link, here are the available artifacts:-
- Pro Edition
- Home Edition
- Free Edition
Edition Comparison Matrix
- The Professional Edition of PaperScan Scanner Software is the most complete Edition providing professional end-users with all features needed in document (image and PDF) acquisition, processing and efficient storage domains.
- The Home Edition of PaperScan Scanner Software is a light-weight version of PaperScan allowing users with everyday scanning and processing needs to accomplish their tasks via a really affordable application.
- The Free Edition of PaperScan Scanner Software allows users to benefit for free from the advantages of a universal scanning tool with post-processing capabilities.
- Limited batch TWAIN & WIA
- scanning/import (10 pages)
- Save As Single Page
- Save as single page PDF/A, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, JBIG2, WEBP.
- Post Image Processing
- Post Image Processing: color adjustment, color space conversion, effects, filters, crop and more…
- PDF Encryption Support
- read & write
- Flatbed and Document feeder
- Flatbed and document feeder support
- Duplex Scanning
- Duplex scanning support
- Create PDF/A
- Support PDF/A conformance levels and versions, as output format
Downloaded the free edition.
It is available here.
Image – Welcome
Image – License Agreement
Image – License Agreement – Initial – Do Not Accept
Do Not Accept
Image – License Agreement – Initial – Accept
Image – Customer Information
Image – Destination Folder
Image – Ready To Install the Program
Image – InstallShield Wizard Completed
To scan an object:-
- Connect your scanner to your laptop via USB Cable
- Run the scanning app
- Click on the menu items ( Acquire \ Quick Scan )