Finally getting around to postal mails this morning.
Envelopes that I don’t want to bother with opening, and so I look at the envelop and see if I can throw into the recycle bin without ever opening.
Glad I looked at one particular one, as it was offering me an opportunity for automatic renewal.
I logged in and quickly alerted that my password has been compromised.
Google – Change your password
Web Site – Review Settings
On the vendor’s website, I reviewed my settings.
Noticed that some of the settings has been changed; inclusive :-
- My Email Address
WebSite – Changed My Password
I went ahead and changed my password.
- Launch a browser and visit https://passwords.google.com/ ( link )
- Log in using your google credentials
- Please click on the Check Password link
- Google retrieves and hashes your saved credentials ( username and password )
- The hashed credentials are then validated against ones harvested in the wild
- Matches are displayed
- Matches display along with websites where used
Image – Initial
Image – Result
I am no security sleuth.
But, family :-
- Automatic Renewals
- Be careful with automatic renewals
Say what you will about Google, but friend believe the world is better of