Needing to take a quick look at an embedded database and I did not have a client installed on the server and I did not have firewall rules in place to engage from my desktop.
DBeaver is my universal database client.
I did not feel like going through a normal install.
Sometimes I just want a lithe footprint use experience.
Googled for Dbeaver portable and arrived here :-
The current portable version is 6.1.2-12 and our targeted OS is MS Windows, 64-bits.
Ran the installer
- Window – Welcome
- The initial screen does not have an actual name
- In most installers, it is called the Welcome Screen
- Window – Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
- Acknowledges that Portapps is not associated with DBeaver
- Window – License Agreement
- Window – Select Destination Location
- By default the destination location is the system drive (C:)
- Please choose one of application drives ( D:, E:, Etc)
- Window – Ready to Install
- Window – Installing
- Window – Completing
Image – Welcome
Image – Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
Image – License Agreement
Image – Select Destination Location
Image – Ready to Install
To use, please navigate to the folder you selected during install.
- Please choose the database platform you will be targeting
- DBeaver prompts you as to whether it is OK to download the Driver
- Configure Data Source
- Database Host Name
- Database Host Port Number
Our targeted database platform is MySQL, chose that platform.
Driver – Download
Driver – Test
Dedicated to Portapps, Inc. @ portapps.io
And, Dbeaver ( Serge Rider and the entire mean gang ); you guys do good work. Actually great work.