I am a firm believer in glasnost.
And, for that reason I choose not to talk much about security in the open space.
But, in truth like a lot of things, conditions push us towards “closeness” ever so often.
Multi-factor authentication is a method of confirming a user’s claimed identity in which a computer user is granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism: knowledge, possession, and inherence.
- Access Profile Manager
- Within the Profile Manager Menu
- Access Security Option
- If you already have Two-Phase Authentication setup, your code is requested
- Security Window
- Using the top menu, access “Two-Step Authentication”
- In the “Two-Step” Authentication panel
- Click the “Get Started” button
- Enter “Phone Number“
- System sends “Text Code” to the Phone Number indicated
- Enter “Verification Code“
- The “Completed” screen appears
Two-Step Authentication – Get Started
Two-Step Authentication – Enter Phone Number
Two-Step Authentication – Verification Code
Two-Step Authentication – Completed
Going forward, on each device, you will need your phone when you attempt to administer or edit your WordPress site.
You are able to maintain access for a month or so between authentications.