Listening in one of Joe Amaral’s interview.
In this particular segment he offers his take on why Jesus wrote in the sand.
Here is a link to the video :-
Understanding Why Jesus Wrote in the Sand
Crossroads CEO Dr. John Hull talks to Joe Amaral about how Jesus did some unusual things but if you understand the culture it makes sense and has deep meaning.
Woman & the Woman Caught in Adultery
John 8:3-11 King James Version (KJV)
- They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
- Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
- This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
- So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
- And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
- And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
They that depart me from me shall be written in the earth
Jeremiah 17:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 O Lord, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the Lord, the fountain of living waters.