Wifey’s Windows 10 HP Stream Laptop is no longer accessible; nothing major but she can not remember what she changed the password to.
A lot of tools for trying to get back in relies on using a Windows Installer, Linux Boot CD, or various third party tools.
I was able to start the laptop up with Windows 7 and Windows 2008-R2, but none of them picked up the internal hard-disk.
Seemingly, MSFT has secured the hard-drive more since these OSes.
It is time to try out Windows 10 Installer.
Please download Media Creation Tool from here.
Once Media Creation Tool is downloaded, please launch it.
- License Terms
- What do you want to do
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media ( USB Flash drive, DVD, or ISO File ) for another PC
- As we preparing an Installation Media for another PC, chose the second option, “Create installation media”
- Select Language, and Edition, and Architecture
- Language – English ( United States )
- Edition – Windows 10
- Architecture ( 32 bit, 64 bit, or both )
- 4 / 8 GB of free disk space needed on Drive C:
- Depending on the Architecture Choice made earlier, that is 32 bit, 64 bit, or both, specific disk space requirement on the System Drive will have to be met
- If either or, 32 or 64 bit is desired, 4 GB will be needed
- On the other hand, if both bitness is desired, 8 GB will be needed
- Files are downloaded from MSFT
- The image is cached locally
- Image is availed locally on the designated folder
What do you want to do ?
Select language, architecture, and edition
4GB/8 GB of free disk space needed on (C : )