Due to Storage Constraints having to change the folder that Extended Events are captured in.
I know it is not possible to do so via GUI.
As shown below, just as your author, the properties are dimmed.
So let us script it
- Stop the Extended Event Session
- Drop the Extended Event Session target
- In our case, we are using the adopted default target name of package0.event_file
- Add a new Target
- Keeping everything from the old target
- But, changing the targeted folder
- Restart the Extended Event Session
ALTER EVENT SESSION [performance] ON SERVER STATE = stop; ALTER EVENT SESSION [performance] ON SERVER DROP TARGET package0.event_file; ALTER EVENT SESSION [performance] ON SERVER ADD TARGET package0.event_file ( SET filename=N'C:\Microsoft\SQLServer\ExtendedEvents\TraceFiles\performance.xel' , max_file_size=(100) , max_rollover_files=(100) ) ALTER EVENT SESSION [performance] ON SERVER STATE = start; GO