Following a guideline on running “SQL Server Agent Job Steps” via Proxy Agent and tumbling badly out of the gate.
The error is “The program cannot open the required dialog box because it cannot determine whether the computer named <computername> is joined to a domain. Close this message, and try again“.
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio ( SSMS )
- Connect to the SQL Server Instance
- Choose the SQL Instance
- Navigate the tree to Security \ Credentials
- Right click on Credential and from the drop down menu choose “New Credential“
- “New Credential” Window
- The “New Credential” windows is displayed
- Click on the Identity button
- The system stays busy for a bit and the error pasted above comes up
New Credentials – Trigger
New Credentials – Identity Button Clicked
netstat -an | find "SYN"
- We see that we stuck trying to connect to port 445 on our destination SQL Instance
- SYN_SENT Status means stuck
- Port 445
- SMB Traffic
Have your Network\Firewall team open up Port 445 ( SMB traffic )
Do the unthinkable, open up a Query window and enter the corresponding Transact SQL Statements.
Please lookup “Create Credential“.
- Create a Credential