We were experiencing very slow performance on our DB Server.
Checked Top N Queries to identify possible culprits.
We also noticed quite of blocking and deadlocks.
Checked SQL Server Error Log
On the DB Server, we reviewed the error log and noticed exceptions with the tag “Error 8624“.
Error Message In Depth
Impacted Objects are listed besides each Stack Dump.
Here are samples:
2015-11-03 15:25:19.48 spid118 * Input Buffer 255 bytes - 2015-11-03 15:25:19.48 spid118 * s p _ f i ni s h _ d r i l l 2015-11-03 15:25:19.48 spid118 * @studentID = 81711716161 2015-11-03 15:25:19.48 spid118 * , emailAddress = 'email@example.com'
Here are the things you need to do:
- Apply relevant latest Service pack and cumulative patches
- Review identified Programmable Objects ( Stored Procedures, Views, Functions )
- Run “Update Statistics” on the dependent tables
- Re-write queries and attempt to make them less costly
- Compare revised queries plan cost for each new re-write
Aggregate or Computed Columns
- FIX: Error 8624 may occur with subquery that contains aggregate or computed columns
- Troubleshooting : Error: 8624, Severity: 16, State: 21. Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan.