We all know that having multiple windows and tabs opened in Chrome, can beat up your machine.
So we struggle with one of the pointers to Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
Living with it
So we live with it, until we click on a new link, and everything drags down for what seems like moments.
And, we are left wondering what is it this time.
To disable Flash, please do the following:
- In the address box, enter “chrome://plugins/”
- Seek out “Adobe Flash Player”
- Within “Adobe Flash Player” group box, click the “Disable” link
Is Flash Installed and Enabled?
Here are some web sites that we can use to determine if Flash is installed and enabled for your current browser…
When Flash is Enabled
When Flash is Disabled
Let us measure the impact of having Flash enabled.
I will use the web page that got me thinking…
Start / Stop / Enable / Disable Terminal services from command line
We will simply use the Task Manager that comes with Google.
To access the Task Manager:
With Flash Enabled
Single Page Using Flash
- When flash is enabled, we have a Task by the name – Plugin: Shockwave Flash
- The plugin is using 76 MB
Multiple Pages Using Flash
- When multiple pages are using flash, we have two plugins ( Plugin Broker : Shockwave Flash and Plugin: Shockwave Flash )
- The Plugin Broker uses 14 MB and the actual plugin is at 71 MB
With Flash Disabled
- No more task listed for the Flash Plugin
I think with the advent of HTML5, I for one can jettison Flash.
Love my YouTube Videoes, thankfully most of them have been converted from FLASH to HTML5…What an herculean effort that must have been.
As Flash Videos are often autoplay, one can feel a bit overwhelmed with all the side shows.
It is not just the memory consumed, but also the CPU and Network trffic that is negotiated.
I think anyone who edits via WordPress will agree that the WordPress editor is itself a healthy eater of resources; especially memory.
- Adobe Flash Player plug-in
- Chrome’s next update makes it less resource hungry
- Chrome will ‘intelligently’ pause Flash content like auto-playing ads
- Reduce Chrome Memory