Hearing one of Brother Jacob Prasch videoes on Youtube, I heard him very thinly speak about a friendship between Pastors Jimmy Swaggart and David Wilkerson.
Pastor Jim Cymbala
Jim Cymbala covered the relationship between David Wilkerson and Jimmy Swaggart.
I think you will be blessed in listening to his sermons.
Who is Jim Cymbala?
Well, Pastor Cymbala pastors the Brooklyn Tabernacle Church.
I am a lot more familiar with the Church’s Gospel music. Here is a link.
Here is a profile on Jim – https://www.brooklyntabernacle.org/the-church/pastor-jim-cymbala
- The Dangers of Pride In Ministry Jim Cymbala (The Story of David Wilkerson and Jimmy Swaggart)
- Praying in tongues by Jim Cymbala
- My House shall be called a House of Prayer
The Dangers of Pride in Ministry
Started off with great worship at the Brooklyn Tabernacle.
We were supposed to take communion, did not do so.
I, Jim Cymbala, was supposed to preach. Did not preach.
Two Singers came from Nashville, Tennessee. No one sang.
Did not bother to take offering; knowing that God was moving so great, and that it will be a sin to suspend worship for any reason.
God did some heavy duty business with all of us.
Left at Church and people were still there praying and worshiping.
Came home and went to take Shower.
Carol stayed behind and turned on the TV to watch the world’s greatest evangelist at that time.
This was about 20 years ago.
- Making fun of God
- When you are filled with the love of God, you do not make fun of other Christians
- He said something about shooting someone if they molested his child
- He whipped people into a frenzy
- People shouted
- Cheering someone getting killed?
- God’s presence is suppose to immerse us in Love
- David Wilkerson
- God gave a prophetic word
- Shut it down
- If you don’t shut it down, I God will shut it down
- Wrote a letter
- Had my secretary type the letter
- Waited on God, prayer that if it is really you, God, who is giving me this word, have someone else call me
- Jimmy Swaggart response
- You do not understand the anointing I have on me
- I am bringing in over a million every week
- What do you mean, shut it down
- JS reply to DW “Your word from the Lord is way out in left field“
- When you stop listening, bad things start to happen
- Why give the gospel, if he does not want us tom preach it
- When we honor God, God honors us
- Do not preach current events
- Andrew Murray and TS Brown
- If you listen to me when I talk, I will listen to you when you talk
- Church Service
- If the Lord could lead the Israelites for 40 years, can’t he lead you through one service
- Holy Ghost
- Programed down to the minutes, with no opportunity for the Holy Ghost to come down and talk to us
- Ministers getting their sermons out of a book instead of waiting on the Lord and hearing what God wants to say to the Church
- Listening to God
- When we stop hearing what God is saying, I don’t care how many you are running, it is not a Christian Church
- He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches
- Spiritual Warfare
- Plastic sermons are not going to cut it today, there is too much Evil
- The devil has a Satanic anointing on those serving him
My house shall be called a house of prayer
- If you can beat the devil on prayer meeting night, you can beat him on every other level
- You will have an appetite for the things of God