There is a fascinating news show that I occasionally stumble upon.
It so happens that a local news that I was following was covered my them many months
ago. And, I wanted to have the video for keepsake.
Using Browser, Go to Video URL
Using your browser, go to video URL
View Page Source
- Right click on the Page, and on the drop-down menu select “View Page source”
Search for tag in Page Source
- Search for “Video”Here is the snippet of code I found from searching on Video…Not exactly what I expected, but will do:
var showVar_tmpl = 'watch_video'; var showVar_sectName = ''; var showVar_sectId = '918212'; var showVar_url = 'video/fav'; var showVar_style = 'fav'; var vtag; var ord = 20081201181171; var thumbimage = 'http://newshow.jpg'; var sourc = 'http://download.newshows.com/media/2014/10/02/sallie.m4v';
Using Browser, download movie
From reviewing the source snippet pasted above, it is obvious that the video is encoded as a m4v.
Tried a few of YouTube downloading web sites, but no go.
Thankfully after more trials and errors, I determined that quite a few browsers support direct download of M4v files.
- Enter Video URL into browser’s URL
- Once Video is up, right click and choose to “Save As..”
- In the “Save As” window, indicate location to save file
No video security in place, just a show that is free over the wire.