Linked-In – Email Notifications and Faith in Social [Loose] Connections
It all started a couple of weeks ago. I was getting a bit spammed by this one person on Linked-In.
And, so I clicked on the Un-subscribe link on:
You are receiving LinkedIn message emails. Unsubscribe.
And, so here I am today needing to send a lunch request to someone that I do not even have an email address for.
Agreeable, it is all so sad. I have no name, no email address for this person. But, I have seen her each week for the last 10 years or so.
Again, it is so sad. A bit of over reliance on Tribal Knowledge; whether it is in physical or social circles.
But, once I connected to Linked-In, I saw a message from a person I actually wanted to hear from. Same here – She has no phone number nor email address for me. And, she logs in to Linked-In and believes she will actually reach me.
But, because of the last spam, I mistakenly opted out of all emails — There was just no good way, to filter out how this earlier person was reaching me.
So anyway how do you start getting Linked-In Emails:
- Connect to “Linked-In”
- Underneath your name, click on the “Settings” (https://www.linkedin.com/settings/)
- In the “Profile” group-box, click on the “Email Preferences”
- You will think you ‘re suppose to click on “Email Preferences” \ “Select the types of messages you are willing to receive”, but you will be a bit wrong
- as you will need to click on “Email Preferences” \ “Set frequency of Emails”
Frequency of emails
In my case, I needed to alter the following settings:
- InMails, Introductions, and OpenLink
- Replies/Messages from connections
It is Sunday evening and it is movie day.
Here I am watching happythankyoumoreplease. It is a bit nerdy and goofy. And, I promise you will like it.
It has a sweet, lullaby soundtrack, as well:
JayMay – Never be Daunted
I end up watching quite a bit of movies; as I am a screener. The movie has a bit of nudity. And, so your assignment is to let me know if it is “Parent Friendly”.