Microsoft – x64 bit – Error – The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine.
Have this old .Net Application that use Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB to connect to disparate data sources.
It stopped working due to my newly assigned 64-bit Windows 7 OS.
And, so I searched for ways to get it back up:
- Installed “Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable” x32 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13255
- Tried installing “Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable” x64, but no luck as I already have 32-bit MS Office 2010 installed
- Tried accessing 32-bit command shell (%windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe) as documented in How to Open and Run 32-bit Command Prompt in 64-bit (x64) Windows (http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-to-open-and-run-32-bit-command-prompt-in-64-bit-x64-windows/)
Nothing worked until, went Goggling and I found the posted listed below:
- Recompiling the code and targeting 32-bit (C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\csc /target:exe /debug /reference:log4net.dll /out:newapp_x32.exe newapp.cs /main:newapp /platform:x86)
- Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/238625/microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered)