Error configuring Oracle Connection Manager:
OCI error encouneterd. ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
The error, though hard to decipher, was due to the server being 64-bit and Microsoft’s BIDS was installed as a 32-bit WOW Application (on to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe”)
The (x86) caused untold of problems for Oracle.
One workable solution was to create a symbolic link folder and launch BIDS via symbolic link.
- Download junction from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768
- Extract the compressed (zipped) app
- Create Junction such as by invoking -> junction “C:\IDE” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE”
- Launch from C:\IDE
- ORA-12154:TNS COULD NOT RESOLVE THE CONNECT IDENTIFIER SPECIFIED
- ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier happened to 64 bit BizTalk Host
- Error connecting to database after installing on Windows 64-Bit OS: “ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified” or “ORA-06413: Connection not opened” or “Can’t initialize OCI. Error -1”
- Junction v1.06 (By Mark Russinovich)
- Connecting to Oracle on 64-bit (x64) machine