The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
to the user LAB\SQLAgt SID (S-1-5-XXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX).
The initial step is to find the problematic component:
- Launch Regedit
- Access the branch labelled HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- Right-click and perform a find on the CLS_ID – 46063B1E-BE4A-4014-8755-5B377CD462FC (in this case)
- Once found, glance to the right panel and there you have it – the problematic component (Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Server.DtsServer)
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
- Launch Component Services (Using Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Component Services)
- Navigate to Component Services \ Computers \ My Computer \ DCOM Config \ MsDtsServer100
- Right click on your selection and from the drop-down menu select “Properties”
- On the “MSDtsServer100 Properties” window, access the “Security” tab
- From the “Launch and Activation Permissions” group box select “Customize” . In the “Launch Permission” window, confirm \ add the Service Accounts (MS SQL Server Agent in this case). Ensure that the Service Accounts have at minimum “Local Launch” and “Local Activation”
- From the “Access Permissions” group box select “Customize” . In the “Access Permission” window, confirm \ add the Service Accounts (MS SQL Server Agent in this case). Ensure that the Service Accounts have at minimum “Local Access”
- SQL agent DCOM errors Event ID 10016